You can access Instacart via the internet webpage, or through an app. You will need a mobile phone so that you will be able to receive text messages from the person who will be picking up and delivering your items. Note, the way Instacart works someone will receive your desired store and list, and will be picking these items up for you. Due to this, they might not be able to find all of the items on your list. It is important that they be able to text and call you, should this occur.
One of our Milestone Moves Realty team members went through the process of creating an account and ordering through Instacart and created this step-by-step guide:
- To start you will need to type in your zipcode in the little box that pops up so that the website can direct you to which grocery stores are in your area. Press continue.
- It will have you create an account. You will need an email to do this.
- From there, you will be able to select from different grocery stores within your area. Keep in mind, some may require you to have memberships (such as Costco).
- Once you’ve selected the store that you would like to purchase items from you will be able to scroll down and choose items. When you find an item that you would like, press the plus-sign in a little circle in the upper right hand corner above the item. By clicking this, the item will be added to your cart. Please note, some items will have limits on how much you can purchase. There will be a little message right beneath the picture of the item saying this (such as a limit of 6 mangoes from Aldi).
- Some stores may have a dollar amount minimum before you can place your order. Aldi has a ten dollar minimum, for example.
- Once you have placed everything you would like to purchase in your cart (and it reaches the minimum dollar amount) you will be able to place your order.
- You will need to input your address for delivery. Under the address, you will see a little box in which you can type specific instructions to the deliverer. This is not required, but if you want to limit your interactions with strangers during this time you can type in the message: “please leave delivery in front of the front door.”
- Once you’ve input your address, press save and it will take you to the next step: delivery time and date. Please note, there will be a delivery charge. This charge may vary depending on where you live, which store you’re ordering from, etc.
- After you’ve selected a date and time, you will be able to add more instructions for delivery. This is optional. You will also see an option: Leave at front door if I’m not around. Press continue.
- Now you will need to put in phone number (preferably a mobile number) so that the person picking up your order will be able to text you and call you regarding your order.
- Input your credit card information and save.
- Place order.
Please understand that there is a higher demand for deliveries, you might experience delays in delivery times, or they might not be able to get you everything you requested in your cart.